September 23, 2017

My eye

My eye is almost normal. I underwent a pterygium excision+graft on September 3 and my eye feels great. More than great.
I didn't think recovery was this easy, but of course the first few post-op days weren't easy. I knocked myself out with Tramal and Panadol and spent a lot of time sleeping. I recall ordering room service in the hotel; pizza and ice cream, which I ate first. Then I devoured the pizza and accidentally dropped the pepper on the floor. I didn't see it happening, but in a drunken kind of state of mind I heard it happening, but there was nothing I could do. Then back to sleep and I was convinced tomorrow would be better. It was in a way.. but by then the dressing covering the eye was driving me mad. Constant itching and that nasty sticky feeling. The tape wanted to stick itself on my face and never let go.

The eye drops and ointments are following me everywhere I go, but I am back at work, doing lots of things and the eye.. it just doesn't itch and bother me at all.
It's such a difference and I am forever grateful to that awesome doctor, who did an amazing job at Bumrungrad in Bangkok.

I'll go for a follow-up in December.