November 29, 2012

RAI

I'm so incredibly tired, physically, mentally. 2012 has been challenging. My father died in summer. My grandma died later in the fall. My horse died 1 week and 1 day ago.

Cancer relapsed and I am going for RAI on Monday. I don't handle being isolated very well, but perhaps this is my chance to learn.

Not everything in 2012 has been bad. I have made good friends with K, fellow cancer patient, one of the bravest people I have ever known. I have made lots of progress on the new- not so new anymore- horse and that is very rewarding. I started new job in spring, and have enjoyed it tremendously.

I had a great vacation in Wyoming in August, one of those experiences I always wanted and needed.
I also had an awesome visit at MD Anderson cancer Center- can you really say it is awesome? As soon as I stepped into the hospital, it was as if it was not a hospital at all. I remember the kindness of people, staff, patients. I remember the aquarium and delicious yummy Sara Lee red velvet cupcakes.
I had great time in Herrmann Park. 

I don't know what next week brings along... but it is one step at a time. I'll be sure to update the blog and report all about what RAI really does to you. Another survival guide!


No comments: