December 20, 2006

Deja Vu

This has happened before.
The same old story goes here, but the excuses improve day by day. Yesterday's excuse (as told by the embassy) was that they ran out of stamps. I knew it I knew it, I expected it, and it has been dead silent today, when I am desperate to hear from them. I could see the funny side of it yesterday, but the situation is very annoying today. How many can live with uncertainty, not knowing what is going to happen, and when. I am running out of money, fast, and not keen on staying in London even one more day.
My bedtime was early as usual yesterday evening, and it did not end until 9am this morning. A small wave of relief came upon me when I heard I MAY BE ABLE to fly to my desert destination on Saturday. Once I got up, the doubt returned.. that I am not going anywhere, not Saturday, it is all talk, no action there and worst thing is that I cannot do anything to help the situation.
It is cold here, all we miss is the snow. White Christmas- perhaps in Finland, the land of Santa Claus!

No comments: